Knowledge, experience, and skill make a good volunteer. A heart with the right attitude and willingness to help makes a GREAT volunteer.
You don’t need to be an expert to be a CAC volunteer. Each and every one of our volunteers is a valued and important asset to CAC. Regardless of whether you can only contribute a few hours or if you’re there every day, we treasure your effort and time.
Our volunteers come from a range of trades and professions. Many volunteers are retirees, some are college and university students. Our volunteers come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and some can speak a second or even a third language.
CAC also calls upon the corporate sector for specific community events. This allows various companies to participate in activities that help to improve team building, staff leadership, and management skills, and to attract quality staff who care about other people and the communities in which they work.
Below is the list of various ways you can participate as a volunteer:
- Entertainment Performer
- Community Event Helper (e.g. Gift wrapping, mailing, stalls assistant, materials distribution)
- Interest Class Teacher
- Group Facilitator (e.g. Social support group, day centre afternoon sessions)
- Media Contributor (e.g. Writer, designer, photographer, radio broadcaster)
- Nursing Home / Hostel Visitor (under Community Visitors Scheme)
- Home Visit (under Community Visitors Scheme)
- Kitchen Helper
If you want more information about becoming a CAC volunteer, don’t hesitate to give us a call to discuss the volunteer roles that best suit you. Alternatively, you can fill up the registration form. Thank you for your support!